Friday, October 23, 2009

From the DESA Bulletin Board

DESA Bulletin Board: Seeking Shipmates or Ship Information: USS Currier DE-700 history

By Harry Steven King on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 10:13 am: Edit Post
My name is H. Steven King. My father served on the USS Currier, during WW11. He was a 2nd Class Gunner's Mate. His name was Corbly Glen King,Jr. He passed away on Veterans Day of last year.

By Edmund W. White on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 06:25 pm: Edit Post
I served aboard DE 700 from about Nov. 1945 to Feb or March 1946. I was a young ensign assigned to the O-Div (Gunnery) and as radar maintenance officer. The Currier was in the Todd shipyards in Long Beach at the time converting from 3"/50 to 5"/38 main battery and from 1.1" to 40 mm antiaircraft armament. She was also upgrading her radar. After the conversion and after a brief shake-down, we took her down to San Diego where I was put ashore as my time in service would have necessitated transporting me back from the far Pacific.

By Craig Smoot on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 09:07 am: Edit Post
At this time I am not sure of the exact dates my Dad was on the USS DE-700 Currier.I think he boarded in New Orleans and he may have been on its first tour it may have been put in service for the first time in New Orleans during WWII my late dads name Billy O Smoot from Virginia .If anyone has any data related to the first tour please contact. God Bless Our troops and Heros

By Richard Bale on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 05:29 pm: Edit Post
A detailed history of the full life of the Currier is now available. For information visit www.usscurrier700.com

By Ann Crochet on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit Post
My dad was enlisted in the Navy in 1955 through 1957 and was onboard the USS Courier DE-700. If you have any photos or any information, I would be most grateful. His name is John R. Kirby, Deerford, Louisiana

By tomparry on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 04:17 pm: Edit Post
My (late) father, Edwin Parry, from Swanville, Minnesota, was aboard this vessel - while I know little about this, I do have some valued photos of the ship as well as the entire crew(?). I'd be very grateful to coorispond with anyone who might have known my father, or who might like a copy of those photos. Thanks, Tom Parry (Proud and only son of) Edwin Thomas Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment